And I don’t mean blog-convention. Because what came out of the most recent one – the idea of a blogger’s union – is first of all hilarious as a joke but sheer idiocy as a concept.
But would you (or I) have come up with this sort of ill-conceived and utterly ridiculous notion? Ask yourself these questions and see.
- Have you gone a bit too crazy in your quest for Google juice? Are you Googling (with) yourself a little too often? (Hint: you know a few too many nuggets about the people who bear the same moniker as you.)
- Are you involved in too much idle linking and not enough real-life connections?
- When someone says community centre, do you immediately think Facebook?
- Are you posting your thoughts left, right and centre (but mostly left)?
- Is your life online all high-speed with virtually no (or is it no virtual) speed bumps?
- Can you imagine yourself handing out leaflets on some seedy corner in Second Life, trying to bring down the man?
- Are you spending too many hours in front of a computer, with lots of open windows but no fresh air coming in?
If you’ve answered yes to more than two of the above, you may be a candidate for a bloggervention.
And hopefully you have a few close friends who can lure you in a room with no Wi-Fi and shake some sense into you…soon.
With thanks to my colleague MR.