Posted by Martin Waxman
on Oct 23rd, 2012 in Posts
I tweet a lot at conferences (no kidding!) to share content that stands out for me. And a few years ago I noticed my Twitter stream was becoming a virtual notebook from events.
Last week I was fortunate to attend the PRSA International Conference in San Francisco, as a speaker and sponsor – Inside PR is PRSA’s podcast partner. And I want to thank everyone who attended my session. I enjoyed meeting all of you and appreciated your questions. If you’re interested, I posted my Social Media Barometer slides online.
One thing you can count on from PRSA is they put a good deal of thought into the content. There’s always a first class line-up of keynote speakers and presenters and a terrific opportunity to network, chat with and get to know some really smart people.
Here are 10 Twitter note highlights from various sessions:
#PRSAIcon @biz in order to succeed spectacularly, you have to be prepared to fail spectacularly
@mdbarber: “Creativity is a renewable resource.” @Biz Stone #PRSAICon
- Good PR and communications starts on the inside
- Important to treat every comment as a gift, have a conversation with a person who took the time to reach out
- New definition of news: something important enough to find me
- The leap from PR to marketing is not so far
- When you’re creating content think series – not one-off – to build engagement.
@richardbagnall: So many tools out there PRs can be overwhelmed – tools are great but they’re not the brains of PR @shonali #prsaicon
- Think about optimizing content as continuous adaptation
- Trust is built on ethical behavior: integrity, attitude, focus, initiative, insight, perseverance, excellence, vision.
Of course there were many more comments and discussions, including Shonali Burke’s post on the importance of making business connections.
If you were at #PRSAIcon, I’d be interested to hear what stood out for you. And what do you look for at conferences – learning, networking or a combination of the two?